Anne, fantastic news from Georgia: A new poll gives Democrat Jon Ossoff a clear lead heading into the April 18 special election, and has him running neck-and-neck against Republican opponents in potential runoff election match-ups.
This is huge. Ossoff is running in a red district that swung hard against Trump in 2016â€”Romney won here 61-37 in 2012, but Trump won by just a single point, 48-47, in 2016. Losing here would be a catastrophe for the GOP, and a sign that their once-thought-invincible House majority is in serious jeopardy in 2018.
Can you chip in $5 to Democrat Jon Ossoff to help flip this seat from red to blue?
Here are the numbers for April's election, which is a "jungle primary" in which all the Democratic and Republican candidates appear on the ballot together:
And here are Ossoff's head-to-head numbers in a potential run-off, which will occur if no one reaches 50 percent in April:
- Investigative documentary maker Jon Ossoff (D): 40
- Ex-Secretary of State Karen Handel (R): 20
- Businessman Bob Gray (R): 10
- State Sen. Judson Hill (R): 10
- Ex-state Sen. Dan Moody (R): 8
- All other candidates: Less than 2 percent each
Winning this election would send shockwaves through Congress and could upend Trump's entire agendaâ€”and these numbers show we can win.
- 42-41 vs. Ex-Secretary of State Karen Handel
- 44-42 vs. businessman Bob Gray
- 44-45 vs. state Sen. Judson Hill
- 46-44 vs. ex-state Sen. Dan Moody
Please chip in $5 to Democrat Jon Ossoff now.
Michael Langenmayr, Daily Kos
Daily Kos, PO Box 70036, Oakland, CA, 94612.