Anne, I want to make sure you saw David's email from yesterday:
The GA-04 special election is our first chance to strike back at Trump at the ballot box, and early voting started this week. Democrat Jon Ossoff needs our help to Get Out The Vote and flip this district from red to blue.
Winning this election would cause a political earthquake. This is a red district that turned against Trump in a big way last year, and a Democratic win here now would scare the hell out of the GOP because it would mean their once-thought-invincible House majority is in serious jeopardy in 2018.
Help Get Out The Vote: Chip in $5 to Democrat Jon Ossoff right now.
Michael Langenmayr, Daily Kos
Anne, early voting has already started in the high-stakes special election for Georgia's 6th Congressional District.
Can you chip in $5 to help Get Out The Vote for Democrat Jon Ossoff in these final weeks?
Here's why this race has become so important for both Democrats and Republicans nationwide:
All eyes are on Georgia. Chip in $5 to Democrat Jon Ossoff now.
- This district was held by former GOP Rep. Tom Price, who resigned his seat in Congress after being appointed Trump's secretary of Health and Human Servicesâ€”aka the GOP point man on killing Obamacare
- Democrat Jon Ossoff is an investigative filmmaker who worked for civil rights legendâ€”and top Trump antagonistâ€”Rep. John Lewis
- This is a red district, but one where Trump is deeply unpopular: Mitt Romney won here 61-37 in 2012, but Trump won by just a single point, 48-47â€”a stunning 23-point collapse for the GOP
- One Republican super PAC has already spent more than $2 million attacking Ossoff, a sign of how threatened the GOP feels
- A new independent poll shows Ossoff running neck-and-neck with Republicans
- The election is being cast as the first real referendum on Trump, and a Democratic victory here would send shockwaves through Congress, confirming the GOP's deepest fears that Trump is sinking their party and potentially upending the entire Republican agenda
- The election is taking place on April 18â€”that's just three weeks away!â€”with a runoff set for June 20 if no candidate captures a majority in the first round
David Nir, Daily Kos
Daily Kos, PO Box 70036, Oakland, CA, 94612.